Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Chickens

Kent grew up on farms all his life. I grew up in the city. We got our first chickens last fall.  We got 5 to start with then 3 more then 13 more and 10 more after that. In the last week I lost 15 birds to racoons. Today I aquired 12 new birds. I have never been around chickens in my life and now I can't imagine being without them.  I don't think I want to eat store bought eggs again. So as soon as they settle in I will be back in the egg selling business.

An update on the chickens..When I got home with the 12 new birds one got out of the cage when I was transfering them to the shed. I have not been able to find her. Well apparently she has been living in the bean field next door and under our snowmobile trailer. Hopefully I will be able to catch her real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment